Product Specialist S-System Position
Leica Camera, manufacturer of premium 35mm cameras, lenses, and digital cameras is seeking to identify candidates for Product Specialist S-System position.
The company creates instruments that provide photographers with the tools they need, as well as inspire their artistic spirit within. We are dedicated to developing cameras and optical photographic instruments of the highest standards. The company has a tradition of precision manufacturing and technological innovations which have steadily positioned the brand at the forefront of the photographic industry and has enabled it to establish an unsurpassed standard of excellence.
Candidate must be based in Los Angeles or San Francisco.
This is a full-time position with full benefits. Start date: ASAP.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Product and sales training of professionals & assistants, dealers and field sales personnel
- Sales support on the professional Pro Format products
- Creation of Business Plan with Top Dealers (in cooperation with Sales Force)
- Acquisition of new business with Professional photographers, rental houses and advanced amateur photographers
- Technical support hotline
- Trade show evaluation, coordination, setup, takedown, consumer/dealer interaction
- Creation & execution of S2 Road shows
- Company representation at corporate, dealer, and industry events
- Maintaining & building of a solid relationship with professionals & industry partners and sales force
- Writing and design of collateral marketing materials in the above areas of responsibilities
- Creation of dealer and professional photography programs
- Answer consumer email and other consumer inquiries
- Rigorous travel schedule, including weekends for store demos, photo shoots, and product demos. Applicant must have a passport
- Trustworthy and able to work independently. Able to generate sales leads and find market leaders to help our marketing efforts
- Goal oriented and self motivated to achieve and surpass sales and marketing objectives
- Disciplined, organized, detail oriented
- Professional demeanor
- Excellent communications -- verbal and written - Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials
- Computer competency (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of Medium format photo techniques –camera techniques, photography and lighting
- Digital photography knowledge (Photoshop, Lightroom, Aperture, etc.) as well as color management, basic retouching and output
- Able to prepare and present training and PR programs
- Licensed driver and able to meet rental car company requirements
- Eligible to obtain a passport and able to travel internationally
- Free to travel extensively
- Located in Los Angeles or San Francisco
- Deep understanding and appreciation of the high quality photographic products
- Understanding of the photographic art market and ability/willingness to learn
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communication, Photographic education, or relevant subject
- Photography goods retail market experience
- Experience with the professional photographic market
This is primarily a photography position. Applicants who have no personal interest, experience, or exposure relative to the world of photography will not be considered. A passion for professional medium format equipment is a must!
Travel is intensive. The position requires a certain level of energy, enthusiasm, and ability to function in an unstructured environment. If you enjoy travel and are not concerned about being away from home for long periods of time, often including weekends, then this job might be a good fit for you.
Submit a cover letter and resume by email. Please, no “generic resumes” or “mass mailings.” Only genuinely interested candidates who submit personalized applications will be considered. References are not necessary with initial application.
Email: --- FILLED ---