May 20. 2015 14:31
Brilliant insights from a true legend.
June 24. 2014 03:13
Go‘s recent music video for the song “The Writing’s On the Wall” was a huge hit, receiving over 7.6M views on YouTube.While it was shot in a single take, doesn’t mean it only took just one take to get it right. The end result is the best of 50 tries and 3 weeks worth of rehearsals.
OK Go - The Writing's On the Wall - Official Video
June 11. 2014 15:58
Dior recruited director Harmony Korine (Spring Breakers) for its latest perfume spot, featuring Russian model Sasha Luss in a through-the-looking-glass scenario set to a Die Antwoord soundtrack.
Dior Addict Fragrance - Making-of
June 2. 2014 12:12
Photo Production Coordinator, NY
PHOTO PRODUCTION COORDINATOR, NY
Industrial Color, the leader in digital still and video capture and post-production services, seeks a full-time Photo Production Coordinator to join our New York team.
Handle all aspects of shoot production, including:
- Meet and consult with clients regarding pre-production, production, crew, cameras, equipment, lighting, post, processing and deliverables.
- Work with internal team to coordinate shoots, digital techs, equipment coordinators and Technical Managers.
- Manage techs shoot schedules and manage travel.
- Negotiate and prepare estimates, acquire all production forms including carnets, certificates of insurance, account applications, credit card approval forms and applications
- Oversee shoots to completion through billing.
- Participate and contribute to sales efforts, including outreach, demos, presentations, treatments, on set visits, account relationship building and company marketing activities.
- Coordinate combined production with other Industrial Color Brands divisions including Industrial Color Software, Impact Digital and Fast Ashley’s Studios.
- Basic Office Management duties for team under 15 employees
- Extensive experience in commercial photo production.
- Solid knowledge of industry standard production hardware and software applications
- Proficient in office applications including Excel, Word and FileMaker
- Working knowledge of core production equipment, cameras and digital backs
Skills and Experience:
- 2+ years of high-end photo shoot production
- Bachelor’s degree in Photography, Film or related field of study preferred
- Solid written and verbal communication skills, especially under pressure
- Quick and accurate problem solver
- Budgeting and negotiation experience
- Excellent account relationship skills
- Ability to manage crew and see projects through to completion
- Proven ability to multi task, prioritize and handle demanding deadlines and multi-shoot days.
- Multi-lingual a plus
- Ability to manage and organize an ever changing shoot calendar
Competitive benefits, salary and compensation dependent upon experience
Go to the Industrial Color site.
March 27. 2014 17:04
One of my favorite fashion and beauty Photographers from the 90"s and early 2000's is Photographer Tyen Maquilleur Known to most of as TYEN
Tyen has been the Creative director for Dior makeup as well as creating beautiful images for well over 30 years.
In the video below we see how the simplest setup of a: Broncolor head with a reflector and Rosco diffusion can turn out great images.
February 8. 2014 03:16
Parfumerie Guerlain splashed out the big bucks for this nearly six-minute spot shot on 35mm film on location in India. (NSFW: NUDITY) Directed by Bruno Aveillan, it takes epic creative license with the story of Mughal emperor Shah Jahan and the creation of the Taj Mahal, which was built for his wife, Mumtaz Mahal. No idea why an actress of Persian descent couldn't be summoned for the role, rather than Russian model Natalia Vodianova, but that's fashion for you.
March 25. 2013 11:03
This video made the rounds a few years ago and it seems to be making a resurgence once again on several photography & creative blogs. It may be long and the speaker presents his view from the point of a creative at a design company, but it's really worth the time to watch as most of what they talk about will apply to commercial photographers too.
2011/03 Mike Monteiro | F*ck You. Pay Me. from San Francisco Creative Mornings on Vimeo.
Our speaker at the March 2011 San Francisco, CreativeMornings (www.creativemornings.com) was Mike Monteiro, Design Director, and co-founder of Mule Design Studio (www.muledesign.com). This event took place on March 25, 2011 and was sponsored by Happy Cog and Typekit (who also hosted the event at their office in the Mission).
Mike's book "Design is a Job" is available from A Book Apart (www.abookapart.com/products/design-is-a-job)
A big giant thank you to Chris Whitmore (www.whitmoreprod.com) for offering to shoot and edit the video. Photos were graciously provided by Rawle Anders (twitter.com/rawle42).
The San Francisco chapter of Creative Mornings is run by Greg Storey (twitter.com/brilliantcrank).
Follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/SanFrancisco_CM
March 4. 2013 03:34
Another in our series of: Photo Assistant Basics _ Mamiya 645 120 & 220 Film loading