April 18. 2014 03:11
Paolo Roversi is one of the most important and influential photographers of the last 20 years, and a name that appears on most peoples top 10 favorite photographers lists.
Here is an interview he did recently.
April 11. 2014 13:17
Sigma announced its 50mm F1.4 DG HSM "art" lens at CES in January but it wasn't until today that the official pricing was revealed. The Sigma 50mm F1.4 DG HSM goes on sale this month for $949.
The Sigma 50mm F1.4 will come in Sigma, Sony, Nikon, and Canon mounts. For more details on this lens check out the press release below.
April 4. 2014 12:36
Calvin Klein presents Alexander Skarsgård in Provocations, with Suvi Koponen for the Spring 2013 campaign. A film by Photographer, Director, Art director and Interview magazine editor Fabien Baron
March 31. 2014 05:11
Profoto Announces B1 Firmware Upgrade
Today, Profoto followed through on its promise to continuously update and improve their B1 wireless, off-camera flash system, by announcing their first B1 firmware upgrade and update to the AirTTL system, enabling TTL metering with the Canon EOS-1D X.
Since its release in November last year, the B1 has been able to perform TTL metering with the majority of Canon cameras. But there was one exception – Canon’s flagship – the EOS-1D X. Today, this feature is made available free of charge through an easily installed firmware upgrade.
The TTL metering is made possible with Profoto’s patent-pending AirTTL system. At launch Profoto promised to continuously update the AirTTL system and , according to Profoto, one of the most frequently requested features is TTL metering with Canon’s flagship model: the Canon EOS-1D X. The upgrade is available free of charge through an easily installed through a USB port on the the AirTTL-C and not the B1 off-camera flash itself.
This is the first of many planned upgrades for the B1 off-camera flash and the AirTTL system. Profoto is currently working on a firmware upgrade for high-speed sync (HSS). Profoto is also busy developing the new Air Remote TTL-N that will enable TTL metering with Nikon cameras. Both the HSS upgrade and the Air Remote TTL-N are expected to be released in 2014.
How To Install Your B1 Firmware Upgrade -
- Go to www.profoto.com/support.
- Sign in with an existing My Profoto account or create a new one. If you create a new one, you’ll have to click the activation link in the email we send you after creating your account.
- Once you’ve logged in to My Profoto, register your B1 and your Air Remote TTL-C. Having your product registered is also a great help if your product is lost or stolen!
- Once your products are registered, click “Upgrade Product”.
- Choose the Air Remote TTL-C and enter its serial number, which can be found in the remote’s battery compartment. This is necessary to verify that your specific remote is compatible with this particular upgrade.
- The download buttons will be activated as soon as a correct serial number has been provided. When they’re active, click either “Download Upgrade for MAC” or “Download Upgrade for PC”.
- Open the downloaded software and follow the simple instructions.
Anyone can create a My Profoto account and register whatever Profoto products they have. As mentioned before, it can be a great help if a product is lost or stolen. But the only firmware upgrade available at the moment is the one for the AirRemote TTL-C.
Profoto B1 firmware upgrades are easy to install with the AirTTL’s built-in USB port. Just download the update, connect the AirTTL to your computer and follow the instructions.
This is definitely a welcome upgrade and more news of a high-speed sync (HSS) update coming soon is music to our ears. However, Nikon users are scratching their heads and wondering why Profoto chose to update the B1 for use with Canon’s pricey flagship camera system when Nikon users are yet to tap in to the power and portability of these “game changing” lights on any level. The Nikon update can’t be far behind but we’re still to get a solid release date on the Air Remote TTL-N and possible firmware update to match . Soon we hope…. wedding season is coming!
March 30. 2014 02:02
This version of Capture One Pro Update: 7.2.1 is a service release providing support for a large number of new cameras, lenses, improvements and bug fixes. Read on for more details about the update.
Improvements & Bug Fixes
- Enhanced color profiles for Phase One IQ250, Olympus E-M10 and Fujifilm X-E2.
- Fixed an OpenCL related issue on the new Mac Pro with D300 and D500 graphics cards.
- Fixed a number of live view issues on Mac and Windows.
- Stitch AppleScript now supports the latest version of Photoshop.
- Fixed an issue with Regenerate Previews on Mac.
- Fixed an issue with Delete Permanently in sessions on Mac.
- Fixed a couple of issues related to style management on Mac.
- Fixed an issue occurring when shooting tethered to EIP on Windows.
- Fixed an issue preventing renaming of files referenced by a UNC path on Windows.
- Improved robustness of catalogs on Mac.
Camera File Support
- Fujifilm X-T1, XQ1 and X-A1
- Nikon D4s
- Olympus E-M10
- Pentax K-3
- Sony A390, a3000 and NEX-5T
- Canon: EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM and EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM.
- Nikon Waterproof 1: NIKKOR AW 10mm f/2.8 and NIKKOR AW 11-27.5mm f/3.5-5.6.
- Sigma (Canon EF): 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM, 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM | C, 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM | A, 24mm F1.8 EX DG ASP Macro and 28mm F1.8 EX DG ASP Macro, 50mm F2.8 EX DG Macro.
- Sigma (Nikon F): 20mm F1.8 EX DG ASP RF.
- Sigma (Sony E): 60mm F2.8 DN | A.
- Sony E: FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS (SEL2870).
- Fixed lens cameras: Canon PowerShot G16, Canon PowerShot S120, Nikon COOLPIX P7700, Nikon COOLPIX P7800 and Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10.
Download for MAC
Download for PC
March 27. 2014 17:04
One of my favorite fashion and beauty Photographers from the 90"s and early 2000's is Photographer Tyen Maquilleur Known to most of as TYEN
Tyen has been the Creative director for Dior makeup as well as creating beautiful images for well over 30 years.
In the video below we see how the simplest setup of a: Broncolor head with a reflector and Rosco diffusion can turn out great images.
March 14. 2014 03:39
3 years ago I knew 2 people that worked at the eComm retailer Gilt Group. As of this month I know a dozen.
Years ago photographers shot catalog for weeks on end. In fact this trend of shooting in studios were other catalog shoots were going on is how many of us met other assistants and networked with other photographers; which in turn led to more jobs with varied clientele. eComm has pretty much replaced this long catalog shoots except for a few instances. Check out this video from Bloomberg TV about Gilt Group. A makeup artist friend of mine Kim Weber shows up in it a few times.
PLEASE NOTE - THE VIDEO STREAM TAKES A FEW SECONDS TO LOAD.
March 13. 2014 05:53
Calumet Photographic - "It's where the Pro's DID NOT GO often enough!"
Calumet Photographic, the Chicago based camera supply, photo rental and photo retailer that first opened 1939 abruptly closed its doors and filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy protection after 75 years in business.
Some employees took to Facebook and Twitter to express anger over the sudden closure, saying they were not given prior notice.
On its Facebook page Calumet said that it was closing its stores in the United States, but that its European stores would remain.
According to court documents Calumet Photo Chapter 7 filing, in which a company prepares to liquidate, it lists assets of less than $50k, and and estimated liabilities in excess $10 million to $50 million.
Assets of less than $50k is interesting when you consider how much product they stocked and rental equipment that was held in their inventory. Calumet’s bankruptcy filing lists 585 creditors, including photo manufacturers such as Canon, Fuji, Manfrotto, Phase One, Hasselblad, Cambo, Mac Group and many others.
Calumet photo.com LLC has voluntarily filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy, listed as case #14-08908 in the Northern District of Illinois United States Bankruptcy Court. The filing is dated March 12, 2014 Calumet Photo LLC Bankruptcy Petition
March 13. 2014 02:19
In the never ending saga of T.R. - The Model Who Accused Terry Richardson Of Sexually Assaulting Her Reported Him To The Police.
Earlier this week, the story of a 19-year-old model’s face-to-jizz encounter with the human version of a white windowless van Terry Richardson went viral and it was one of the many horror stories from women who had to scrub their skin with a Chore Boy after shooting with Lady CaCa’s homeboy. She initially wrote it anonymously on Reddit, but after it went viral she came forward and told her entire story to Vocativ. It’s long, so it’s all after the cut.
Read the full article here